U.S. Right to Know is investigating the food and agrichemical industries, and the secrets they hide about our food. We employ litigation as a tool for transparency, to protect consumers and public health.
The documents we have obtained thus far have generated media coverage about hidden industry payments and secret collaborations that undermine scientific, academic, political and regulatory institutions.
Our transparency litigation is below.
US Right to Know v. University of Florida Board of Trustees
- Judge’s order granting motion for leave to file supplemental complaint (10.16.17)
- Plaintiff’s unopposed motion for leave to file supplemental complaint (10.11.17)
- Letter to University of Florida Interim Vice President and General Counsel Amy M. Hass (9.15.17)
- Drew Kershen’s response to USRTK petition for writ of mandamus (8.28.17)
- Judge’s order granting Drew Kershen’s motion to intervene as party defendant (8.18.17)
- USRTK reply in support of complaint for writ of mandamus (8.14.17)
- Drew Kershen’s motion to intervene as party defendant, individually and as a participant in AgBioChatter (8.2.17)
- University of Florida’s response to plaintiff’s complaint for writ of mandamus and order to show cause (8.2.17)
- Judge’s order to University of Florida Board of Trustees to show cause why complaint for writ of mandamus should not be granted (7.13.17)
- USRTK news release: University of Florida Sued for Failure to Release Public Records on Agrichemical Industry (7.11.17)
- Complaint for writ of mandamus (7.11.17)
US Right to Know v. EPA
- USRTK news release: U.S. Right to Know Sues EPA for Release of Glyphosate Documents; Public Citizen Litigation Group is representing U.S. Right to Know in the action. (3.9.2017)
- Public Citizen Litigation Page
Gary Ruskin v. The Regents of the University of California
- USRTK news release: UC Davis Sued for Failing to Release Public Records on GMOs and Pesticides (8.18.2016)
- Sacramento Bee: Watchdog Group Sues to Force UC Davis to Turn Over Public Records by Diana Lambert (8.19.2016)
- Davis Enterprise: Watchdog Group Sues UCD Over Public Records Request, by Tania Perez (8.21.2016)
- Sacramento News & Review: Watchdog Group Alleges that Five UCD Professors Were Paid to Shill for GMOs by Alastair Bland (9.22.16)
- Politico: UC Davis Sued as Part of Industry Influence Probe, by Jason Huffman (8.19.2016)