Trial Begins in Lawsuit by Dying CA Man Who Says Roundup Caused His Cancer

Print Email Share Tweet

Kevin Tampone, syracuse.com, June 18, 2018

A lawsuit alleging that Roundup, a popular weed killer, causes cancer is set for trial in California starting today.

The suit by 46-year-old Dewayne Johnson is the first against Roundup maker Monsanto to head to trial, according to CNN. The company is facing serious legal challenges involving the product.

CNN said over 800 people were suing Monsanto last year and since then hundreds more have made similar claims. One attorney represents over 2,000 people with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma who used Roundup extensively, the network said.

View Article